Welcome to the #1 Mazda MX5 Forum and Mazda MX5 community dedicated to Mazda MX5 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Mazda MX5 Forum today!

Official MX-5 Back Up Camera?

Nejuza

Reactions
I just joined today (01/13/18) and this is my very first post on the MX-5 Forum!

I've done a little bit of digging but have not been able to find anything on an official Mazda Miata MX-5 back-up camera as an add-on accessory. Nothing yet on Mazda's accessories website page. Has anyone heard if this is going to be available?

I've seen one after-market camera source online: http://rev9autosport.com/mazda-backup-camera.html
but was hoping for one with documentation that it is indeed authorized/approved by Mazda for installation, without interfering with the manufacturer's standard warranty.

I would hate for Mazda to say, for example: "We'd love to work on that minor engine issue you've been having, normally fully covered under your manufacturer's standard warranty, but I'm afraid you've voided it, by installing a part that has not been approved or authorized for installation by Mazda. We're very sorry. Oh...by the way, at least your back-up camera installer did a really great and professional job, and it works just fine, but...your automobile warranty is still void."

Thanks for any feedback!

OP
N

Nejuza

Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Meant to include (my apologies) that this back-up camera issue is for the ND model!