Welcome to the #1 Mazda CX3 Forum and Mazda CX3 community dedicated to Mazda CX3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Mazda CX3 Forum today!

Hello from Dallas

cbdallas

Reactions
Hey all,

Charlie from Dallas, just peeking in to say hi and introduce myself.

Picked up a '17 CX-3 GT AWD Ceramic/Parchment on 6/17 from the friendly folks at Eddy's Mazda of Lee's Summit, MO. Finally got frustrated with the dealerships in Dallas and just flew up there & drove it home myself. AWDs are hard to find in the south, I don't know why people don't seem to like it down here. So, I just took matters into my own hands, sold my Focus ST at Carmax and got on a plane.

Really liking it so far. I do wish there was a bit more sound insulation in the firewall and floor, but I understand Mazda is all about weight savings. I'd like a little less 4-cylinder whine in the cabin. I may be hitting up Dynamat for some materials to make a hood insulator. This is the best infotainment system I've used so far. I'm using an "old" IPod Touch G2 for music and not sure why it starts over with the first song on the list every time I crank the car, so if you guys have a suggestion to fix that, I'd really appreciate the input.

I'm a little surprised at the lack of aftermarket availability of hood struts for this car. I may have to hit up Redline Tuning to see if they plan to make a set. I had them on the Focus and really liked them.

I'm somewhat of a Mazda veteran, having owned a 2004 3i and a 2006 Mazdaspeed 6. I'm very impressed with the things Mazda is doing now that they're no longer digging around in Ford parts bins to build their cars.

I've never owned a 'crossover' but like everyone else I know who's 'chronologically advancing', I wanted to try sitting up a little higher and stop shifting for myself, as commuting in Dallas is really starting to get bad (thanks, California).

Anyway, happy Monday everyone. For those of you who don't have to get up and go to work today......[boxface]

Attachments

CX3Fan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard.