Welcome to the #1 Mazda CX3 Forum and Mazda CX3 community dedicated to Mazda CX3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Mazda CX3 Forum today!

Mazda CX-3 i-ACTIV AWD System

MazdaCX3.org

Administrator
Reactions

The joy of running to become one with the car, you want to come true in any way. New generation 4WD system of Mazda from the thought, i-ACTIV AWD was born. Breakthroughs that improve the off-road and fuel economy at the same time, I was realized in their own ideas and precise control to minimize the waste of energy. i-ACTIV AWD is, anytime, anywhere, in order to enjoy the ride with confidence without any operation.

Driver is monitored as such a slight tire slip in real time it is not feel on the, ever-changing quick to predict the road conditions. Depending on the change, the car itself will actively automatically control the driving force distribution between the front and rear wheels. Operations such as switching between the 2WD and 4WD switch is absolutely unnecessary. Also, be to always optimally control the driving force distribution between the front and rear wheels, as well as maximize the energy efficiency, lightweight and high efficiency of the torque transmission system itself. Off-road performance and fuel economy performance I was both at a very high level. Also I enjoy in peace long drive.

(1) the front wheels start of uphill riding on ice burn
Car detects the condition of the road surface, to be in the front wheels slippery conditions, optimally increased to directly 4WD state engine torque distributed to the rear wheels before the front wheels slip. It is possible to suppress the generation of front wheel slip, and enables stable hill start. Furthermore, in this situation Hill Launch Assist (HLA) operates is, it depends increase the sense of security at the start.

(2) Travel of frozen road surface
Especially slippery frozen road surface, and suppressing the occurrence of wheel slip, by optimally increasing the engine torque distributed to the rear wheels and enables stable running. In addition, DSC & TCS (※) when it comes to the situation that is activated by the cooperative control with them to adjust the fastening force of the 4WD coupling, helping the safe driving. ※ DSC (Dynamic Stability Control system: anti-skid mechanism) & TCS (Traction Control System)

(3) highway running of rain
The slippery wet road surface, and suppressing the occurrence of front wheel slip, and optimally control the engine rear wheel torque distribution. This eliminates the waste of energy due to engine wheel torque distribution after the front wheel slip and required, the driving stability and fuel efficiency to have to balance at a high level. * Such as by the actual road conditions, torque distribution ratio between the front and rear wheels will change.